Due Annually by July 1
Each year on or about June 1, NASAD informs accredited institutional members of their responsibility to submit an Affirmation Statement. This three-page questionnaire requests information intended to provide assurance that all curricular programs under the purview of NASAD and meeting NASAD listing requirements have been or will be submitted for review and approval, and that substantive changes past, current, or projected have been or will be submitted for review and approval. Affirmation statements are an important part of the system for documenting continuing compliance with NASAD standards.
The Affirmation Statement:
- Verifies that all curricular programs under the purview of NASAD, thus meeting NASAD eligibility requirements for review and/or listing (a) have been approved or (b) have been or will be submitted for review.
- Verifies that all substantive changes eligible for review that are past, current, or projected (a) have been approved or (b) have been or will be submitted for review.
- Verifies that all submissions for review and approval indicated in items 1. and 2. above will be forwarded to NASAD in a manner and on a schedule consistent with the rules and guidelines of NASAD.
- Verifies continuing compliance with NASAD accreditation standards or reports changes that would affect or otherwise require a review for compliance with NASAD accreditation standards.
- Is required annually of all accredited NASAD member institutions.
Notifications regarding new or current curricula or substantive change on the Affirmation Statement are not substitutes for any required applications for Plan Approval or Substantive Change.
Affirmation Statements must be completed, signed, and returned to the National Office no later than July 1 of each year. Failure to submit the Affirmation Statement will initiate a Commission review (see NASAD Handbook, Bylaws, Article I., Section 4.; Rules of Practice and Procedure, Part II., Article III., Section 1.C.).
Questions about the Affirmation Statement should be directed to Stephanie Blakely at the NASAD National Office at 703-437-0700, extension 118, or by email at email@example.com.
Affirmation Statement Questionnaire(s) (PDF)
If requested by the NASAD Commission to submit the previous year’s Affirmation Statement, you may access the 2017-2018 Affirmation Statement Questionnaire, 2016-2017 Affirmation Statement Questionnaire, 2015 Affirmation Statement Questionnaire, or 2014 Affirmation Statement Questionnaire.